The Israeli Acoustical Association (IAA) was founded is 2001, with the aim of promoting acoustics in Israel. The IAA has currently about 160 members from all areas of acoustics in Israel, including consultancy, industry, governmental and non-governmental organizations and academia. The IAA holds two meetings a year, at which IAA administration is discussed and several technical presentations are scheduled. Thirty-six meetings have been held to date, with numerous technical and scientific presentations. The IAA has general consultancy (noise control) and electro-acoustic working groups, holding professional meetings including a strong involvement in standardization and legislation
The aim of IAA is to develop awareness of the value and necessity of Acoustics in its multiple aspects and applications, for which it tends to:
- The IAA is a non-profit organization, with the aim of promoting acoustics in Israel.
- The IAA institutes are the general assembly, the board, and the audit committee.
- The general assembly meets at least once a year and is where decisions are taken through voting.
- The board is composed of seven members and is responsible for managing the IAA. The board is elected every two years.
- The audit committee is composed of three members and is responsible for supervising the IAA activities, including financial auditing.
- Membership requires applications to the IAA. Members are expected to have their main activity in the area of acoustics, including industry, academia, government and more.